|Specialist HardRock 29er Sport|
|Specialist Myka Sport|
Handsome went with a matte black finish, while mine is a little more flashy while still demure (can lime green be demure? If so, mine is!)
And we rode them for about... 3 minutes before Handsome had to go learn how to SCUBA (scooba dooba doobie doobie do-ba, come on!). But I can tell you this:
- The seat is, as you might expect, not comfortable. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.
- Disc brakes and front hydraulics make this bike worlds away from my old yellow Schwinn
- The mountain bike tires do make me feel more stable on gravel, which has long been the bane of my bike-riding existence
- Duke is frightened of them. Like, might poop himself for real if he gets within 5 feet. I don't know that for certain, because he gives these bike monsters a nice berth of about 5 yards, but I suspect it. He does like to chase them, though, and is currently pass-ed-out on the floor.
- Due solely to #4, I might just love this new adventure.
Now, this new adventure is purely Handsome's doing, and I agreed to it on one condition: NO SPANDEX SUITS. He keeps pushing the issue, but I'm holding firm on this one. I know, there's the "wives submit to your husbands" thing, but there was no spandex back then and... well, we'll just have to see where this goes.
Pedaling my spandex-free legs off,