I've had a good morning already, have you?
Sure hope so.
If not, you've still got the rest of the day to make up for it.
Handsome is back, which is F-A-N-tastic. I say this even though he brought wet stanky laundry back with him, and even though it means I have to get up at 6 AM and even though he brought his snoring back with him.
All I've got for you this morning is a short list. I may come back to it this evening, give you something actually worthwhile, but for now, its a list. Remember, its the thought that matters (which is really only true for Mom's, and even then its shaky reasoning).
- Previously mentioned "short" final project not due until Sunday night took me 5 hours yesterday. And that wasn't quite... top quality. Due at 12 AM, I turned it in at 11:32 PM.
- As of 11:33PM yesterday, I was officially done with the semester and unofficially done with the math department.
- I'm going to the city today. Might do some window shopping.
- Dukas and I took a nice walk this morning, although we had a tag-along dog, I might have mentioned him before, BoBo. Makes me feel stupid to say his name when I talk to him. Try it. Give BoBo a command, see if you don't feel dumb.
- My house still needs to be cleaned. I AM going to do that today.
- I like to have a friend over to watch me clean. Like maybe I want credit for it, or maybe I just like company to keep me distracted from the boring chores. Want to come watch me clean my house in a totally non-stalkerish way? I can't imagine that anyone would not jump at that chance.
- The previous sentence is probably a double negative, but I couldn't think of any other way to say it. I'm sure my resident english-major sista-in-law will take care of it for me.
- I played butcher with 27 lbs of chicken breasts yesterday. I might get some more today. I might give you a tutorial on "How to turn on-sale-bone-in-skin-on chicken breasts into boneless skinless chicken breasts you actually want to use".
- I got that 27 lbs of chicken breasts for $26.50. Bi-Lo in Seneca, in case you're local and want to know.
- While at Bi-Lo, I ran my cart into some things that carts should not be run into,
droppedthrew all of my change on floor, and forgot one item so I had to go back. The check-out kid told me that it could be worse, like if I had just told the Salvation Army person that I didn't have any money, and then threw all of my change on the floor. He's right.
- H.'s sista is coming to visit, and she's gonna want to eat icecream, a lot. So I'm going to have to go yogging, a lot. Nothing bad about that, just stating things for the list.
- I feel that icecream should be one word. Maybe highschool. I'm not decided on that one.
I think thats enough for now. I've gotta get a move on cleaning this house. I'm gonna turn up some music, set some timers (really helps with efficiency), and get moving.
Oh, and while I'm at it, I have a question. I'm not a decorator (not a question, a declarative statement what-what!?), and so my house is sort of... bare. Lack-luster. But I don't like clutter, so I don't want to go and buy a bunch of things I'll just have to dust (thanks, Mom) and so my house stays bare, because I don't know what to do with it. I've been thinking more pictures, perhaps. Maybe some paintings? Maybe some on-the-wall shelves? Not sure. Anyone have suggestions? I was apparently born without this gene, and my home feels less cozy for it.
Ready to take on the world sans knick-knacks,