First, and I tell you something? Can I tell you that I wish we were all going to be together during Cake Week 2012? Because (a) it's
no not as much fun to eat cake by yourself in a dark room, and (b) I think we'd have a good time. I'm just sayin'.
Can I tell you something else? I think my brain is broken. Or at least having a lapse. While I was gathering recipes for the Cake Week Contestants today, I was ... well, I was doing this:
Writing a bit about the photo, inserting the photo into the blog draft, and then copy & pasting the link underneath. In a word, pinning. But here's the kicker, without using pinterest. Because of trying not to? Nope. Because of an inability to get on pinterest? No, I was pinning other recipes At. The. Same. Time. Because it was just a quick thing? Also not it, I copy/pasted over 25 cakes. Because my brain didn't feel like being a full contributor? Bingo, nailed it.
Without futher ado, before my brain decides that it's 5 o'clock somewhere, here's the skinny on Cake Week 2012:
- 6 of the Cakes will be chosen BY YOU.
- I choose the 7th cake. Because I can.
- I'll make one cake each day, photograph, review, and thoroughly enjoy it.
- I'll probably share it with people too. Neighbors, co-workers, bus drivers, whoever needs some sugar-coated love.
- There will be numerous (small) giveaways. Just to make it fun. More to come on this. Just, trust me. You want to be a winner.
- Cheesecakes can come too.
One of the ways for you to be a winner, right off the bat, is to have one of your cake ideas selected by your peers. That can only happen if you submit a favorite cake in the comments on this post. You can submit as many cakes as you like. Be sure, however, to include a recipe, photograph (you can email me and I can post it, if that is helpful), a pin, or a link. Something that can connect me to your cake.
Now for the R&R:
- I am not going to put nuts in the cake. Nor will I put in them strange fruits or coconut. Because I don't like those things. And I've waited too long to not love these cakes, let alone not like them. Don't try to convince, persuade, or guilt me with puppy-dog eyes. My heart is made of stone in this matter, I will not budge. (sorry Mom, that means your German chocolate it O-U-T-OUT.)
- I am not going to go broke making these cakes. So please, no cakes with diamonds in them.
- No breakfast cakes, pies, quick breads, muffins, cookies, bars, or rolls. We're talking cakes here, people. Ones with icing or a sugar dusting. Ones in layers or baked in bundts. REAL CAKES ONLY NEED APPLY.
- Please please please please please don't make me bake a healthy cake. I mean, if my public demands it *eye roll* I will. But for the love, please!
- You don't have to have ever made the cake, or even tasted it. If you just like the way it looks, that's good enough.
- Bear in mind that I am not, by any stretch of the imagination, a fancy cake decorator. This is not a contest to test my skills in that arena. This is a celebration of all that is Cake. And no, not the band.
This week, until 3/31/12, we will be accepting Cake Week 2012 Contestant Contributions. Next week, we vote (until 4/6/12), and there will be winners. You can't win, unless you submit a cake idea. As many cake ideas as you want. Cakes here, people, it's cake time. Let's hear it for the cakes. Cakes on the brain. Who's got a cake? Even if you don't want to win, contributions are still appreciated. There are never too many good cakes.
Now, I don't want to spoil any surprises, and the giveaway prizes haven't been nailed down, but here's a eensy-teensy peek at what may be part of Cake Week 2012. I'm just sayin'. Get your cakes in. STAT.
|Cake Week 2012, April 8-15.|
If you doubted that it was a thing, doubt no longer.
This is happening.
Be a part of it.
Not above bribery,