I can say "y'all" now, because I have a blooming magnolia tree in my backyard. Few things are as southern as a magnolia tree. And I don't mean "blooming" as some sort of euphemism; it is literally blooming. Big, beautiful blooms. And it smells just so wonderful. Even Handsome noticed, and he rarely notices smells, good or bad.
Tonight, I"ve got some things to tell you, so I'm going to link up with my new friend Alyx from EveryDay is a New Adventure for her Sunday Confessions. Its good for the soul, trust me.
1. I ate an entire sleeve of oreos for lunch. I'm making up for it by having a strawberries & yogurt smoothie for dinner. And maybe some more oreos.
2. I promised Handsome yesterday that I would clean the house today. I'm not cleaning (obviously, as I'm chatting with you) and so I'm trying to think of some extenuating circumstances. Perhaps I promised out of hunger, or maybe I was tipsy... neither of those is true, but I'm banking on him not remembering the circumstances under which he exacted said promise.
3. I screamed last night when a June Bug flew at my face. I'm not proud of it, as I like to contain my bug-scream for cockroaches alone.
4. I folded 5 loads of laundry already today, and I have 2 more to do. Apparently I don't like to keep on top of it, I like to let it pile up and then take an entire day to fold it.
5. We took the doors and roof off of the Jeep this weekend, and I felt so much cooler than everyone else when we drove around. It's like "Oh, you have a roof over your head? You poor dear, I know you wish you could take the top off of your car too... Maybe someday you can have a Jeep..."
6. I know the feeling of superiority is only going to last until I'm caught in a rain/hail storm.
7. I have an umbrella in my Jeep, just in case. I am currently under the illusion that I will be able to hold the umbrella over my head and drive to cover. Please do not alleviate me of that illusion. I prefer to learn this one the hard way.
8. Due to missing too many mornings with the Habitat crew, I now have lady hands. This was proven to me yesterday when I got blisters from driving too many golfballs. #mylifeishard
9. I have two wallets to make this week for two giveaways. The only problem is that my sewing room is on the top floor, and since we haven't turned on our A/C yet, it's easily 17 degrees warmer up there than down here. So I'm procrastinating.
10. My ankles are sore from a 5K that I ran yesterday. And I do mean ran, in that I was making the running motion with my body the whole time, and not ran in the "I went really fast" sense. It took my just under 37 minutes, which is not impressive, but it's a starting place!
And that's my list. Now you know all about my
My conscience is clear,