The other night, I had a nightmare. Maybe it was a morning nightmare. You know, when you're not ready to get up so you go back to sleep and you have the worst dreams ever that make you wish you hadn't gone back to sleep?
You have those, right?
Anyhow, I had one. Multiple ones, actually, in the same night/morning. And it all centered around a poopy cloth diaper. [sorry, probably should have warned you there...]. I dreamt that my baby (no hint on girl/boy, either) had soiled a cloth diaper, and I was trying to clean it, and I didn't. know. how. Couldn't figure it out. Woke me up a couple of times in a cold sweat.
Rather than wake up and actually think it through, figure it out, and be done with it, it seemed most prudent to continue to fall back asleep, and hope my subconscious would figure it out. It didn't. Left me with a bad feeling all day. And a lingering doubt.
Handsome & I have been tossing around the idea of cloth diapering. Mostly I toss and Handsome returns, but all the same, it's a volley known as conversation. But after that dream, and some further thinking/reading, I'm seriously doubting my original resolve. So here's what I want from you. What do you think?
On the up sides...
- Cheaper. Overall, yes, and pretty much in the long-term. For less than the cost of 2 boxes of disposables, you can get 3 cloth diapers.
- Environmentally friendly. And, I mean, that matters *some* to me.
- Disposable. Duh.
- Easy for others to care for/travel with
- No added laundry
But on the down sides...
- Extra laundry.
- Extra work.
- Others aren't sure how to deal with them (you know, like babysitters or nursery peeps).
- More expensive $$$. Like, over 2 years, $1500-$200 more expensive.
So what do you think? What would you do? What did you do? What do you wish you were the type of person to do? I'm not promising to let y'all make up my mind for me, but I'm really at a crossroads here, one more bad dream away from making a rash decision.
Let's talk about poo, baby!