(I'd say "without further ado" but there was no "ado" to begin with, so... )
1. I burned a candle all day, straight through the walls of itself, and down, down, down the side of my fan-flippin-tastic husband's dresser. I did all of this not 72 hours after pointing out to him how awesome it was that the candle was so wide, you didn't have to put it on a plate or anything, because it wouldn't leak.
2. And then I did it again not 16 hours later. Because I'm smart. That's why.
3. I put myself on restriction last week (I don't say "diet") - No fried food, no baked goods, no candy. Mostly due to the fact that my doctor gave me a talkin' to last OB appointment. Apparently I gained a leetle too much weight a leetle too fast... Of course, between my previous appointment and the one where I got the talkin' to, there was hot chocolate week, and the trip to PA to eat all of the ALF food, and a(n ongoing) love affair with cold cereal and... well, yeah, all of that. So the confession part is, even though I put myself on restriction, I somehow managed to gain 2 1/2 pounds this week... eek! So tomorrow's OB appointment should be interesting ;)
4. I've also got my sugar test tomorrow, and I'm sorta nervous about failing it. And at the same time, I want to celebrate passing it (assuming I pass it) with a cinnamon roll the size of my head. The refrain running through my head is, "I can't wait to not be pregnant anymore so I can eat whatever I want." Which I know, is backwards, but hey, that's the sitch.
5. I'm 100% in love with my handsome husband. Seriously. He's wonderful, and the best part is, he likes me back! We got to get away for a bit today, took a nice walk through the local gardens. Which sounds totally European. And it's just so nice to be married to someone who likes you. And to feel European.
6. I'm totally craving hot chocolate again. Like, all the time. It goes right along with the urge to be someone who owns a couch like this and cuddles up with a blanket like this in front of a roaring fire like this, watching my all-time favorite movie (all images stolen from google):
|mmm... yes please!|
7. I'm feeling a bit torn about Thanksgiving. We don't have any family coming down, we don't have any friends planning to come over... I mean, I love the food, and I love thankfulness (it makes the world go 'round)... I just don't know that we're going to be celebrating large-style this year. I'm thinking turkey breasts, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and gravy. Maybe even a pumpkin cheesecake to break the restriction. But really only enough for 2 people, with leftovers for 3 days (because it's only right). Or maybe not. Meh ;)